Midnight Pearl Background

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Week 65: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

I don't have much time so here are the highlights from this week :) We had an awesome lesson with Sandra and she said she FOR SURE HAD A SPIRITUAL WITNESS THAT THE BOOK OF MORMON IS THE WORD OF GOD!!!!!
YAYAYAYAYAYYA!!!!! She is now working on the Plan of Salvation and trying to study that out :) We had an amazing District Meeting on Wednesday!! Everyone in our district is just fired up and we're so ready to baptize Kelowna!!! We made some great goals for our transfer and as a zone we are NOT TOUCHING OUR CAR ON SATURDAY... we are walking all day!!!! So we started planning that way we can get members to drive us around! It's a little harder for us because we live 4 miles out of our area and everyone else lives in their area...so it was tricky! Thanksgiving on Thursday was....well...not like home hahahahha We found a place called WrapZone that makes a thanksgiving dinner wrap....so we got those and then we went and bought a pumpkin pie and apple cider and we were parked far away so we walked back through town and ate it in the car hahahahhaha Well when we got home we wanted some cold apple cider so I put it in the freezer till after planning...well planning went a little long...we got a little tired...and we FORGOT ABOUT THE CIDER!!! I remember waking up and hearing weird sounds from the fridge but didn't think anything of
it....then in the morning during my prayer...I remembered it....I KNEW WHAT HAPPENED....I slowly opened the freezer and BAM....THERE WAS MY PERFECTLY GOOD APPLE CIDER BLOWN TO PIECES AND FROZEN TO ALL THE WALLS OF THE FREEZER!!!!!!!!! My heart ached!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE APPLE CIDER AND IT'S SOOOOOO EXPENSIVE HERE!!!!! Oh my goodness. We had apartment inspections that day too, so we had to clean it all up and it was such a sticky mess!!!! Happy Thanksgiving :) 
Saturday was our WALKING DAY!!! We had to pack everything with us!!! My bag weighed so much!!!! It was also rainy and cold, so we had to take the umbrella...rain jacket... all of that!!! WE WERE SUPER PREPARED!! The Johns the senior couple picked us up in the morning because all the members were at a craft activity at the church (super saturday) So we got dropped off and we walked...and walked...and walked....and walked {you sang that didn't you? ;) } it was A REALLY GOOD DAY!!! We
talked to so many people!!! We had 2 miracles this day :) 1
) We were eating at a little cafe place and the lady next to me was eating sushi, so I asked her if it was good. We got to talking about Kelowna, and she said she met missionaries in West Bank and they gave her a Book of Mormon and she even went to church!!!!!! I was able to teach her The Restoration and she said she would want to meet up with missionaries again!!!! She said "I'm really glad you are outgoing and asked me about my sushi!!" hahah ME TOO!!!! Really cool!!! 2) So there was a bus strike for 2 1/2 weeks so the buses are up and running and free for the rest of the month!!! So we decided it would be good to try out some bus contacting for a change. I get on the bus and I sit down and THERE IS NO ONE AROUND ME...I WAS LIKE SISTER PETERSON WHY IN THE WORLD DID YOU CHOOSE THIS SEAT....WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!!! hahahh 5 min into the ride...this mom and her two kids come up from the back of the bus and sit in front of me....TENDER MERCY!!!!!!!! So I started talking to them and she said she was from Alberta...that led into Mormons....and then she said, "Yeah my friend just got baptized up in Quesnel her name is so and so." That triggered something....a story that Sister Hoffman had told me a while ago about her companion who's brother married a recent convert in Quesnel. I asked do you know her last name now? I said the name and she said THAT'S HER!!!!!!!!!!!!! No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE HOLY GHOST TOTALLY HELPED ME WITH THAT ONE!!!! I have never met this Sister Missionary that served here and I heard that story for like 5 min....it was so cool!!!! Anyway I asked her...Do you want to meet up and see why she chose to get
baptized??? She said YES I DO AND HER KIDS SAID YES TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I got their number and names just before they got off the bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS IN AWE AND SHOCKED AFTER!!! THAT'S CRAZY!!!! The world is so small!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway :) 
Those are my miracles this week :) Oh wait one more!! A member family invited us for dinner yesterday and it was AMERICAN THANKSGIVING WITH THEIR WHOLE FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tender mercy :)  I love my family so much and I miss them tons!!! I'm so grateful for the family I was brought up in and for the things I was taught so that I can be here in BC teaching people the gospel!!! It's amazing and I'm so grateful :) Hope you all had a great week :)

Love
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment