Midnight Pearl Background

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Week 67: Zone Conference, Creche, & Snow!

This week was GREAT!!!
At the beginning of the week we helped set up for Creche which is a huge Nativity display this ward does every year!! They have hundreds of Nativities! We set up a table and let me tell you IT'S HARD!!!! Rearranging the table cloth, the stands, and
the nativity pieces! Gee wiz!!! It turned out really pretty though! We had a great lesson with Sandra! One of our favorite members Sister Purnell came with us! She did a really good job at explaining the deep doctrine of the Plan of Salvation really simply and guess what....SANDRA NOW BELIEVES THE PLAN OF SALVATION UP TILL KINGDOMS OF GLORY!!!! We're still working on that :) She is progressing really well!! She asked me after I bore my testimony about God's plan for us, "So you know this 100%?" I said "Yes!" There was no doubts in my mind.The Spirit was so strong in that moment and confirmed to me again that I DID know this was true and that it really is God's plan for us!  Sister Burt called and asked if a few missionaries would sing at our Zone Conference with Elder K. Brett Nattress a member of the seventy. Of course I said YES!!!! We had 1 practice on Tuesday...just 1...crazy...what were we thinking singing for a general authority and we only get 1 practice!!! hahah It turned out really good! We Sang The First Noel :)  Wednesday was Zone Conference! IT WAS SO GOOD!!!!! ONE OF THE BEST ZONE CONFERENCES I'VE BEEN
TOO!!!!!! I received so much personal revelation. One of my questions was, how can I make the last 3 months of my mission GOLD!?!? How can they just be filled with blessings and hard work and dedication! It was definitely answered! Elder Nattress is such a great man!!! He is just so relaxed and funny and has such a great spirit with him! When it was my turn to go up and shake his hand he asked about me and you could tell he has a strong love for all missionaries! His training was all about the Savior. He asked three great questions: 1) 
What think ye of Christ? 2) When did you know? {that christ was your savior} 3) When did you know that you know? I LOVED his training so much!!! That was another one of my questions. How can I strengthen my relationship with Jesus Christ and understand the atonement more!  I could go on for days about this zone conference...IT WAS SO GOOD!!! Thursday we helped a member and her roommate who's one of our investigators move! It was quite fun :) They were just moving down the hall, so we would just load up a shopping cart wheel it down the hall and unload hahah We looked silly but it was fun!! Later we went and
hung out at the Creche the nativity display at the church! It's a community event, so there are lots of non-members that come. We just went up to everyone and introduced ourselves. Sister Gartside was able to have a great conversation with one lady who is searching for a church. It was really successful! 
Friday IT SNOWED LIKE CRAZY AND IT'S BEEN SNOWING EVER SINCE!!!! The city did a bad job with the roads and so it was so bad!!! Sister Gartside doesn't drive, so I'm the designated driver...SO HERE I AM....A LAS VEGAS GIRL...DRIVING A BRAND NEW 2016 ROGUE....IN 1 FOOT OF SNOW....NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!! hahah But I've been doing good! I'm learning all the tips and tricks. I'm also learning not to walk to people's driveways because it compacts the snow and makes it hard to scrap off...so we've been shovelling our way down to our car each morning and up the driveway each night :) I really don't understand why anyone would subject themselves to this....and this isn't even bad!!! The people on the other side of Canada are getting it worse!!! Saturday was walking day...so we dressed up like Eskimos and started stomping snow!!! One of the houses we knocked the mom opened the door and came out to talk to us. Her 4 yr. old son opened it and said
"guys stop talking..." shuts the door "guys seriously stop talking" hahahhaha it was so funny!!!!!!!!!!! We went on a blitz with the sisters. Sister Hoffman and I found a really solid potential named Ash! He and his family just moved here and they're looking for a church!!! We can't wait to teach them!!! 
After the blitz, we found out Sister Gartside and Sister Steele got kicked out of the mall for proselyting, so now we can't go in there except to shop :( so sad!!!!!!!!! They have been stalking us on the cameras for weeks now.....oh man!!! Sister Gartside and I drove to our next area and we realized...Sister Hoffman still had our phone...and we had no way to contact them... hahahah WHY DO WE RELY ON OUR PHONES FOR EVERYTHING!!! So we knocked on a members door...no luck...not home...so we walked through the snow down the street to another members home and she invited us in allowed us to use the phone and made us some hot cocoa! We've been trying to meet with this particular member SINCE I GOT HERE, so it was a miracle!!! We eventually got our phone back hahha crazy. Later we were walking downtown and we met person after person that was interested in the gospel and meeting up! It was so cool!! We handed out so many pamphlets and we met  really cool
guy named Levi (leh-vi) not (lee-vi) he was really interested in the fact that we believe in a modern day prophet!!! Really cool! 
Sunday was good! We had great talks at church from the high council (makes me excited to come home and hear my dad's talks now :) hahah) All our appointments cancelled after church....I was so shocked and disappointed and I immediately went in the room and started praying. President Burt challenged us at Zone Conference to have mighty prayers and boy did I have a mighty prayer!!! I pleaded with God to bless us with people to teach and that while we were out at night walking around in the snow that someone would be outside that we could talk to....well just like always he blesses us. It seems hard in that moment. We think "I can't do that I'll freeze or I'm not capable" but all we have to do is put our snow boots on or our big boy pants and JUST DO IT {quoting Mosiah 4:10...not Nike} It turned out to be a great night! We met a lady that has met missionaries before and she is so appreciative of what we do. She offered to show us around her business and meet with us tomorrow. It was a tender mercy :) Overall things are going good...just praying for those miracles to happen each day! We have to work for them!!! It's so hard to just get over the natural
man and do it, but when you're focus is on Christ and helping others to come to know him you just do it because you know it will help them so much!! 
This mission is so great!!!! One thing Elder Nattress said is that our missions are preparing us for our future families. I know that's true!! I'm going through all these trials so I can know how to help my family in the future. It's hard but I know there will be tons of blessings to come from doing the will of the Lord and letting him shape me into who I need to be.
Do the Lord's will....JUST DO IT!!! 
(Mosiah 4:10)

Love you all,
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment