Midnight Pearl Background

Monday, December 5, 2016

Week 66: Tender Mercies!!!!!!

Well...this week was full of Tender Mercies from Heavenly Father!!!!
Monday after we emailed we went to Walmart per usual to shop! All the check out lines were super long and there were only a
Sister Steele
few open (typical walmart) so I found one that was super short and I booked it!!!! The lady behind the till started smiling at me!! It took me a split second, but I realized it was Leslie from the bus last week!!! The One who knew a girl from Quesnel...you can look up the rest of the story...anyway she was like YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!! She said this is no coincidence!!!!!!! 
TENDER MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So cool!! So we got to chat with her and invite her to all the Christmas activities happening at the church!!! She said she was looking for a church for her daughter and is really excited to check out ours!!! Tuesday our plans didn't work out very well, so we did a lot of spirit finding and just trying to figure out where Heavenly Father needed us! We rode the bus for a little bit because it's free till the end of November!! WE SAW SO MANY MIRACLES!!! We got on and this lady was just chatting it up and everyone on the bus could hear us talking about the gospel!!! hahah then the bus stopped to switch drivers and it was us and one other lady left on the bus...we started talking to her and she said "I'm less active. I was baptized in 2005 in
Sister Gartside
Hong Kong!!!!!!!!" WHAT?!? So cool!!! That definitely isn't chance people!! 
TENDER MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were able to testify of what church can do for her and invite her to the Christmas Devotional this weekend!! So cool!!! Then the bus started going again and it stopped and ANOTHER LESS ACTIVE got on the bus!! I recognized her and luckily I had a seat open next to me! We started talking and she said she really wants to get involved with Church again! Her 4 yr old loves Primary and she wants to come to activities!!! PERFECT!!! So we got her number and wahbam!!!! TENDER MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so fun!!!
Wednesday we had a super good District Meeting. I love my district! Everyone just has such a strong desire to do this work that the spirit in our meetings is electric!!! After District Meeting we went on exchanges!! I got to go with Sister Steele and we covered Kelowna 2nd area!! I miss that girl!!! Oh man...last transfer was GOLDEN!!! So much fun and so many miracles!!! I miss Sister Steele and Sister Hoffman!!! It was great to work with Sister Steele again! We had a great day and we went on the buses again..it's free why not...right? So we got on and had some super good conversations and then {just like the day before} the bus stopped for a driver change and it was just us and one lady...we started talking and she said "yeah about 2 years ago I was all ready to be baptized with my daughter, but then we got scared and it didn't go through." WHAT?!?!? We asked her what she was scared of and she
said she didn't know. I asked her if she still knew it was all true...the Restoration...the Book of Mormon...she said Absolutely! TENDER MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully we'll meet up with her in the New Year!! She was too busy right now! While I was talking to this lady......Judy......Shona and Rimpy got on the bus!! That's the YSA Sisters' investigators from India!!!!!!!!!!!! We were so happy........we were so loud hahaahhaha But it started a group conversation
and even the bus driver was asking us where we were from and all that!! Once they got off we still had a ways to go and another girl got on named Tristan! I started talking to her, and she said that she needed to make more friends...good friends. I invited her out to YSA branch and she said she would love to come before I knew it....we were AT OUR STOP....oh no....I frantically said "We have to get off here!!!" She said "Oh no!!" I asked for her number and she gave it to me so fast like as I was running off the bus!!!!!" We called it afterwards and it went 'beep.beep.beep' like it was the wrong number :( I WAS LIK.....NOOOO......THIS CAN'T BE....I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! So I texted her and she texted us back 20 min later!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! TENDER MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Thursday was fun. We had an appointment down South with a potential and he wasn't home, so we decided to go visit one of our members that lives down there in the middle of no where. We start driving through all the orchards and vineyards...it's pitch black...MY GPS
LOSES THE SIGNAL....we were like oh no....So we got a little lost hahahahhahah, but good thing I know how to read a regular map!!!! hahahh We were a little late, but got there okay and didn't hit any deer  :) success!!!!
TENDER MERCY HAHAHAH Friday...GUESS WHAT....IT SNOWED!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first Snow Fall :) IT WAS SO COLD!!! All the people from Eastern Canada are laughing at me, but I don't care!!! It's way to cold!!! It's only low 30's hahahaha, but tomorrow it's going to be -12*c which is about 5*F. burr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to buy me some Long Johns today!!!! Let's be honest maybe 4 pairs!!!! Saturday we met with Robinette SHE'S BACK!!!! Yay!!! I've missed her! She's one of the best recent converts ever!!! We did a lot of walking and actually forgot about lunch and realized about 4:30 that we should probably eat something!!! Luckily, the Nicsners our Landlords were having a dinner party and invited us to come!! Everyone there was from different countries, so we had some African food, Hungarian, Filipino, Australian...all sorts!! It was so good!!! After our plans fell through, but we felt super prompted to go downtown, so we did and we saw one of our Investigators walk out of a restaurant. At first we didn't recognize her, and we complemented her friends boots...then I said Wait hold on! You're blah blah blah!! She said yeah!! I thought you were familiar!!!! IT WAS SO COOL!! We haven't been able to meet with her again since October and it was SUCH A GOOD LESSON, so this really was a.......wait for it.......TENDER MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Also I learned about a Newfoundland Christmas tradition called Mummers......it's kind of weird...look it up...it's like caroling ghosts...hahah 
Oh Canada....you can learn about Mummers/Mummering here --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlEduy-2Mlc
Sunday was great!! Really good testimonies were shared from our ward!!!  I LOVE KELOWNA SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! After church we had a Linger Longer, and then we watched the Christmas Devotional! Our investigator Joan was there!! It was a good broadcast! I just love our church :) Things are going really good :)  We are praying so hard to find some new investigators, so we can keep teaching and keep this process rolling along!! We could really use your prayers :)

Love you all & Have a great week!!!
Love,
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment