Midnight Pearl Background

Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 64: New Transfer and It's Getting Cold!!!!!

Well...I'm going to be honest this week was a little less exciting then last week's Roadtrip and Elder Holland! BUT IT WAS STILL SO GOOD!!! KELOWNA IS GETTING SOOOOOOO COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRRRR!!!! We are breaking out the winter coats, jackets, scarves, boots, mittens, ear muffs...ANYTHING IN ORDER TO STAY WARM!!! They say it gets to -10 here so we'll see if i survive the winter!! If you don't hear from me next week I either died in the cold or they changed our P-day again...
Monday was CRAZY!!! I had to run to the doctor...then we had to clean the car and apartment...I had to pack...I got sick....oh my goodness!!! CRAZINESS!!!  Tuesday we dropped all my stuff off at the Kelowna 2nd apartment...I'M MOVING BACK!!! It was weird!! I haven't been in that apartment in so long!! We then went and dropped Sister Amat off at the airport! Her bags were WAY HEAVY!!! Even her carry on, but the lady must have felt the spirit of God or something and she said she would check it for free this time!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!! Then Sister Steele and I went and contacted at the University of British Columbia Okanagan campus!!! aka... UBCO it was SO FUN!!! It made me miss college ;) crazy to hear me say that but school was so much fun!!  Anyway..this was our last day as companions! I miss Sister Steele and Sister Hoffman so much!!!!! They really changed my mission and taught me a ton!! I love them so much!!! Then at 4ish we picked up Sister Gartside and the other new Sister from the airport and off we went into the new transfer :) Sister Gartside is from Maryland, and she has been out for 7 months! She is super sweet and loves doing dishes...hahah so i think we'll do fine!!! haha She works so hard and we are ready for a great transfer!! We FINALLY met with MaryAnne this week and taught her the Plan of Salvation!! It was so good!! We drew it out and it really started to make sense to her! She asked us...if it's so simple why do we complicate the plan??? GREAT QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It really is just so simple!!! We met with Patricia again and taught her the Restoration. She really has a strong testimony of it! We had a lesson with a lady, Laura, on Friday at Starbucks! She's a yoga instructor and she is curious about what everyone thinks of God. She really just wanted to know "Mormonism in a nut-shell" and wasn't really interested in learning much further, so that was kind of a bummer but at least she has heard the truth now!! Friday we walked around a ton!! It was so cold and dark!!! It starts getting dark here around 3:45 so we really have to make the best use of time during the daylight hours...as my dad always says when us kids are running late  "come on we're burning day light!" hahhaha Saturday we walked a ton too and just tried to be seen! We have really great investigators, but we need to build up our teaching pool more so that we never run out!! I made it a goal to just talk to everyone I could and not pass judgement because everyone needs the gospel! That's something Elder Holland taught us about. We never know who is ready and EVERYONE needs it. It was definitely out of my comfort zone, but I did it and we found so many that had family members that were Mormon...knew members...were curious about God's plan for us! It was super cool :) Definitely gained a testimony of that! Saturday night we went to Marta's house she's a lady in our ward who is blind! She is so wonderful! I just feel the Spirit everytime I see her! She made us Sauerkraut...{spelling might be off} but she's from Germany and IT WAS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it!!! Sunday was church and it was pretty good! Patricia didn't show  :( but we had a great day. Sister Gartside got to meet the ward and everyone is super excited to have their Kelowna 2nd sisters back FULL TIME!!!  We had dinner with a family in our ward who has a daughter out on a mission and we came out at the same time. She's in the Gilbert, Arizona mission! She asked "what should I send her for  Christmas?" I SAID IF SHE'S LIKE ME DO NOT SEND HER STUFF THAT SHE HAS TO PACK AROUND...it's too close now and we are wanting to get rid of stuff not accumulate more!!" We talked about how her mission is going and Elder Holland visited her daughters mission too!! So fun!!! I can't believe it's almost Christmas time!! Canadians already had Thanksgiving so everyone has their lights up already and their tree!!! I'm excited for this transfer! It's going to be different not as hectic but still fun :) Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving :) Eat some real American food for me!!!
Love,
Sister Peterson

NO PICTURES THIS WEEK! SORRY GUYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment