Midnight Pearl Background

Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 8: Lots of Walking....and a TRIO!

So not much happened this week.
We were running low on K's {kilometers} so we had to walk one day and it was raining in the morning so I wore my super cute gumboots {rain boots}. Well...we didn't get to go home so we kept walking. We ended up walking for 7 HOURS and almost 15 KILOMETERS in gumboots!!!! Holy uncomfortable! While we walked around town we had some pretty cool things happen. 

1st: We walked to a potential investigators house and we didn't really know what to share we didn't even know if she was home but she was! She invited us in and it was SO Loud!!!! Cartoon network has always sounded crazy but this was a super crazy annoying show!!! Haha I couldn't hear anything Sister Ricks was saying! Then I heard we could bring you a copy if you'd like to read it...then I remembered that I woke up that morning and thought "I want to place a B.O.M. so I'm going to take a fresh one". AWESOME!!! I pulled the B.O.M. out of my bag and gave it to her and she was so happy!!!!! Glad I listened to that prompting! She said she would read it and we are going back next week! She is so cool and I can't wait to see how she progresses! 

2nd: Later we were walking to go back home around 5pm and we got a call from a Less Actives mom who said he daughter needed some help at her house...we just happened to take the way home where we would be passing by her house!! We stopped by and helped her and it was GREAT!! I have come to LOVE service on my mission...not because I get to wear pants :) but because I am so happy while I'm doing it and the people are always so grateful! Always do service!!!! We started walking home around 6:15 and it was already starting to get dark and we had about 2 hours of walking to get home. 

3rd: While we were setting our pace and booking it in our cute gumboots I saw this elderly lady fall in the woods! We awkwardly ran across the highway and asked if she needed help getting up. Her husband kept saying you're alright but this lady couldn't move and it was clear she had broken her nose and maybe her wrist! We helped her up and more people started stopping on the side of the road to help. It was so scary!!!!!!!!! We wanted to call an ambulance but the husband said no he would just take her to the ER (from what I've heard Canada ER's are just as bad as the US and you have to wait forever!) Poor lady! We were glad we were there to help because her husband was unable to lift her by himself! MIRACLE! We started home again...stopped and got dinner at like 7:45 and eventually made it home just after curfew! It was a crazy day and my feet still hurt but it was surprisingly fun!


4th: Later in the week we got a call that we would be getting a NEW COMPANION!!! So we are now a TRIO or TRIAD or whatever!!! Sister Holbrook is from San Francisco California and this is her last transfer so she's going home in December! She is so great!!! I have a lot to learn from her being a newbie! We have a lot of new challenges though! Someone's the third wheel all the time Hahaha and in lessons it's like a guessing game to see who's going to speak! We're working on it though! It's been so fun! Yesterday we were tracting and we ran into this lady that used to live in Hawaii and we got to talking about the Polynesian Culture Center and she thinks she knows Jacob {our cousin's husband}!!! Thought that was cool! She said she has tons of pictures of the performers because she had annual passes or something and her son LOVES it! She said we could come back and look and see if it's Jacob! Maybe it will be, maybe not I thought he worked there for a while! Someone ask Britney or Auntie Sharon! haha

Other than that not much has happened! We are going to buy pumpkins today and carve them and eat lots of pumpkin goodies!!! We're not allowed to go out Halloween night so we are planning festivities to do during planning! 

Lastly, really fast because my time is running out: This week I struggled a lot with being overwhelmed with my weaknesses. I realized I'm not as Christlike as I should be, I'm not studying that well...everything spiraled until I felt super inadequate. SATAN will do that to ya! Well I talked with my amazing companions and they gave me some cool advice that I've heard before but now see in a different light. 
We as humans are imperfect but strive for perfection. At the end of my mission I WILL NOT be the perfect missionary I imagined. I will still have weaknesses, I'll still be struggling! We shouldn't be too hard on ourselves. We don't have to master everything and be exactly as Christ was. 
We just have to be perfect at trying. 
We will probably be imperfect till the day we die. BUT! Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we are perfect in God's Eyes! The Savior has suffered for us and has given us the chance to live with our Heavenly Father again. Without Jesus Christ we wouldn't even be able to dwell with God not even pray to him because we are unworthy! BUT through the grace of Jesus Christ we are able to approach Heavenly Father whether through prayer or after this life and live with him. I'd encourage everyone to study the Atonement and what it really means to us and how each of our challenges and weaknesses are made up for through Jesus Christ. We just have to try our best and acknowledge Christ's Atonement and repent daily for our shortcomings and weaknesses. My mission president knows me so well and tells me often that, 
"the mission {and our lives} is a MARATHON not a SPRINT." 
We have to do things line upon line, precept upon precept and rely on the Lord to help us get through. 

My challenge to you for the week: Read Ether 12:27 and think about YOUR personal weaknesses that Heavenly Father can help you with.

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. 
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; 
and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me, 
and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Each Transfer I have had a motto that I ponder and work on!
Last transfer was D&C 11:21 
This transfer its  Moroni 7:48. So good!!!
My 2 month mark is coming up!!!!!! 
Hope everyone has a great Halloween!!!!

Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment