Midnight Pearl Background

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Week 6: Did this week even happen?!?

Another week has passed and it feels like a blur! Maybe it was because of ALL THE RAIN....{terrible joke}....don't even think that was a joke...Anyway lets forget that...The work has been picking up! YAY! At the start of this week we taught so many lessons it was great!!!! Usually our plans fall through, but we actually had a few days where things worked out! In fact, one of our investigators SET A BAPTISM DATE!!!! We are so stoked for her! We have already seen awesome blessings from her making the commitment to be baptized! We also had a lot of success with less actives which is always great! Our ward is FANTASTIC! They help us out so much and they are our family here in Campbell River! I started driving this week!! Transfers are next week so we decided it might be a good idea for me to get to know the area in case Sister Ricks is transferred! Guys, I'm driving a Chevy...I miss my Ford! I feel apostate driving any other car! Haha I'm so grateful we have a car though! This week we found out {like the day of} that there was some type of tropical storm that was supposed to hit the island....thanks for the heads up people! Haha It wasn't bad but we got SOAKED!!!! It was a bad walking day!! I was so happy when we got to use the car again and the heater!!! We didn't have access to the news or anything so we were scared! We were told to stay out of the woods because the trees could fall on us, and told to stay off Ocean Hwy because sometimes the waves wash out the road! The Ocean looked SUPER choppy that day it was scary, but nothing really bad happened just lots and lots of rain! YAY! 




Also I met a celebrity this week. His name is Quatro and he is a Golden Retriever that played Mud Bud in Treasure Buddies one of the Air Bud movies!!! I was stoked! He is a good dog :) This week in District meeting I had to give a training!!! AHH!!! Me? Only out 4 weeks? Training old missionaries!!! I was nervous, but it was so cool and I loved it! I've always loved teaching so this was somewhat fun!  We met some interesting people this week! One guy talked to us for an hour! Who knew the question "Do you have any spiritual beliefs?" would turn into that!! Haha This week I also got a "greenie" package from Auntie Sandra!!! It was so cute! The note said: 

"To a Greenie Sister: You may be young, you may be new, but you're ready to show what you can do. countless experiences are just around the bend. The Shepherd's lost sheep you are called to tend. So, enjoy this package, every last GREEN treat, And get excited - you have lost souls to meet!" 


So cute!! My companion and I seriously jumped for joy when we saw Mint Oreos inside! Haha The Oreos here are GROSS!!!! They shouldn't even be called Oreos...maybe Ore-NO! I'm really bad with the jokes today peeps. Everything tastes a little different here, so I am so excited to have some American snacks! This weekend was Canadian Thanksgiving!! So weird to have Thanksgiving before Halloween. We have to work on Holidays which can be great and also bad. Not many people were happy to see Mormons on their doorstep on Thanksgiving! Nevertheless...we met some great people and even set up some appointments to teach! We got to have 2 Thanksgiving feasts this weekend! One on Sunday and Monday! Holy turkey guys. This week was good! I learned a lot about myself and how to deal with stressful situations. Here's one scripture I want to include:

Doctrine & Covenants 45:3-5
"Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him. Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified; Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life." 

The Savior's Atonement is infinite. He is currently pleading our cause before God. He is our biggest advocate and loves us so much! He has experienced every second of our lives...literally! He knows what we need help with. If we can just turn to him in Faith and believe in Him we can have so much peace in our life. I know this week as I prayed for his help and comfort I got it. I know that he loves me and that we are put through stressful things because it will help us grow! Look up The Mormon Message Refiners Fire...so good! Remember that the Atonement was for all but is very personal. It's starting to get chilly here and I have to use Gumboots (Rainboots) now!!! My gumboots are so cute!! I'll take a pic for next week!! I hope everyone is enjoying Fall!!

Sis. Peterson, Bishop's wife, Sis. Ricks, and Sister G. We matched at church today!!!! Polka dots are so in!

Love ya!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment