Midnight Pearl Background

Monday, November 2, 2015

Week 9: Two Months!

Working hard ;)
TWO MONTHS TODAY!!!!! Can you believe it?
So about this week. I'm officially TERRIBLE at writing in my journal and keeping track of what is going on in my life! I think I wrote down 1 day this week! Ugh! My poor future posterity! But I'm going to do better and hopefully we are keeping copies of these emails at home mother!?
Sister Ovard


Events of this week:
The TRIO IS FANTASTIC!!!! It's so cool how much we can get done in a day! I think I'm going to have a problem going back to a traditional companionship! Haha We had exchanges this week which are always fun!!! I got to hang out with Sis. Ovard all day :) She's from St. George, Utah and she's going home soon! I love how she's enthusiastic about the gospel and she just wants to tell everyone about it! We had some cool experiences. We had super solid plans and then all of them fell through {#welcometomissionarylife}. The only one that didn't was a lesson. Now, Sis. Ovard and I have never taught a lesson together before and we had about 5 min to run through the Restoration lesson and practice! Well, it ended up being a GREAT lesson!!!! They were really touched by the message! The spirit is amazing!!!! We were on the same wavelength and everything!!! At the end they gave us smoked salmon and let me tell you...IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!! Soooo good!!!!
Carving Pumpkins!
Sis. Ovard and I also visited a lady in a nursing home. She can't remember anything anymore and she doesn't recognize anyone. It broke my heart! For some reason we thought we should sing her a song. So we sang I am a Child of God.  And she started singing with us!!!! She knew the words too!! It was the sweetest moment ever! The spirit works wonders in our lives :)

Here's the coolest story of the week:
Scarface
So we were street contacting downtown and we came across this young homeless guy. We started talking and he said he didn't plan anything he just wandered through life. We wanted to leave him with another pamphlet but all we had was the Plan of Salvation. We also gave him some change. About 2 hours later we got a phone call from him saying he had read the pamphlet and wanted to talk! The Plan of Salvation pamphlet was exactly what he needed because it talks about the purpose of our life and where we are going! The greatest part! The change we gave him he used to call us and set up an appointment!!!!!! Super cool! Most people just toss the pamphlets or cards we give out but he actually read it and had the faith to call us and talk! We'll see how this goes!!! This week was HALLOWEEN!!!! We can't really dress up so we dressed up as each other! I was Sister Holbrook! I said I was from San Fran and even wore her name tag!!! Haha We had a fun day!
Halloween Costumes!
 
Sister Ricks was me and Sister Holbrook was Sister Ricks. We carved pumpkins in like 30 minutes because lets be honest...missionaries ain't got time for that, but we did a good job :) I named mine Scarface {see picture} haha We had to stay in Halloween night and plan so we made an elaborate meal of Chili, Cornbread, Pumpkin Chocolate chip cookies, and roasted pumpkin seeds! {#missionaryfeast} It was fun to keep up the Peterson Family Chili Tradition and actually eat real food!! Haha 
This week I've been focusing on the Book of Mormon and really taking Moroni's promise to heart. Moroni was about to die and his last words to us were pray and read about the Book of Mormon and you'll know its true by the power of the Holy Ghost. All of Moroni Ch. 10 is AMAZING!!! He promises great things! I would encourage everyone reading this to read the Book of Mormon or even a little passage about something you may need help with (faith,
weakness, joy, charity...) and pray about it. Always take Moroni up on his promise! The Book of Mormon is a great book that can BLESS EVERYONE'S LIVES!!! I know that Heavenly Father loves us and provided this book to help us in these latter days. He knew that this time would be the hardest and we have a great resource THE BOOK OF MORMON  to help us through it! I have seen how it blesses others' lives. If it was a false book I wouldn't  be seeing miracles come because of it. IT IS TRUE! I can't deny the miracles and blessings I've seen from this book! So, my challenge this week for all my readers is to:
 
Chili & Cornbread
PICK UP THE BOOK AND GIVE IT A READ! 
AND
PUT MORONI'S PROMISE TO THE TEST 
(Moroni 10:3-5). 

If you have a sincere desire to know if it's true and real intent to act on the answer you receive through prayer you will come to know {just like me} that IT IS TRUE AND CAN BLESS YOU :)

I LOVE YOU ALL!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment