Midnight Pearl Background

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Week 40: WHOA!!!!!! WE'RE HALF WAY THERE!!! WHOA-OH!!! LIVIN' ON A PRAYER!!!!!

So...this week was CRAZY!!!! Transfers happened and let me tell you I was so sad to leave Brookswood!!! I miss
it so much!!! I miss seeing the temple every day!!!  I wasn't too concerned with Transfers since I was only going 12 k's {kilometers} away from Brookswood, but oh my goodness I feel like I am serving in a COMPLETELY different mission!!!! There are SO MANY cultures here!!! Caucasians are the minority for sure!!! A lot of people here are from India and speak Punjabi or Hindi, so I am having culture shock for sure!!! I have eaten Indian food, Tongan food, New Zealander food, Spanish food...and one day I just wanted a taste of home so I had Mac and Cheese!! hahah So many foods!!!! So...this week has been crazy and extremely humbling...I feel like a greenie again and I am having to learn how to teach all over again! We have to teach so simple and short!! I can't speak very well with most of the people we meet so it's been an interesting week!! I am learning some Hindi though! Here you can practice (this is just the phonetics) Sut (silent T...so almost like suth)- Sri- Akal! Now say it fast!!! It means True Respect and the last part means something about God and how he is one yesterday, today, and forever...something like that! I'm still learning hahaha
Tuesday was the day we exchanged and it was really hard!!! Sister Brimhall is one of my best friends now :( also
there were so many missionaries going home so it was hard to say goodbye!! BUT after we exchanged we saw an awesome miracle!! So we tracted this street and found 3 potentials back to back! It was legit!!!!! One of them Priya is from India and she opened the door and said Nah...I'm Atheist. Well somehow we kept the conversation going and she opened up about how her son had died at age 21 not that long ago and how she was mad at God and if there was a God why would he punish her like this. She is hurting so much!!! So we told her that we knew where her son was and that he was okay and she would see him one day. She was like you know where he is????? We said yes... she immediately invited us in. We said RIGHT NOW?!? and she said, "Better now than never!!!!" So we went in and we taught her the Plan of Salvation! She had so many questions!! Why is life hard? Why does God allow evil and suffering to occur?? Why should I follow God even if bad things happen?? So many questions!!! Well Sister
Macaso {remember y'all...Picasso with an M ;) } and I had only known each other for 2 hrs but THE LESSON WAS SEAMLESS!!! SERIOUSLY WE TAUGHT LIKE WE HAD BEEN TEACHING TOGETHER SINCE WE WERE BORN!!! The Spirit was SOOOO strong and Priya could feel it too. You could see as we taught how the hope was being restored to her. Her countenance changed. She asked how she could know that all of this was true...PERFECT QUESTION FOR A MISSIONARY!!! hahah We told her she has to pray and ask God....SHE SAID SHE WOULD DO IT!!!!!!!!!! 45 min ago she was an Atheist...now she had just committed to pray to God and ask if her son was okay and if she would see him again!! LET ME TELL YOU IT WAS ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL LESSONS I HAVE EVER BEEN IN BEFORE!!! I saw first hand how the Spirit works.. Sister Macaso and I had no idea what happened when we left...our jaws just hung open hahahah It was SO COOL!!!!!
Wednesday we met with our investigator Reina who is from El Salvador. She is so cute!! She is so interested in the gospel we just have to get her to church!! We also met with R. one of the potentials we found on the street the previous day and he is Muslim and had lots of questions for us!!! We were in there forever!!! We tried so hard to teach the restoration to answer his questions, but then he would come up with more...so now we have a list of questions he wants answered!! hahah It was a good lesson...he said that he would read the Book of Mormon with real intent and pray to see if it was true. He also committed us to read the Koran after
our mission! :) That night we met with a family in the ward and we taught the plan of salvation and told them about Priya and how it gave her so much hope!!! The kids LOVED it!! They are so smart!!!! There's a picture of me with them!!! They LOVED Sister Ricks {my trainer from Campbell River} so they needed a picture with me...her posterity :) The rest of the week was good! We met with some cool people and we got 3 new investigators this week!!!! Solid!!!!! IT WAS SO HOT THOUGH!!!! IT WAS 90 but because it's humid it felt like it was 1,000 degrees outside!!!! I had to carry around an umbrella on walking day that way I could breathe!! The sun was just beating down and I needed some shade!!!  We were knocking doors and this lady said, "it's too hot for this!! I feel so bad!!!" In our minds we were like THEN INVITE US IN!!! HAHAHHAHA But instead she said "Do you want a freezie????" they call
them Freezies here, but they are Otter Pops...Otter Pops forever!! :) So she ran and got us these ginormous Otter pops!!!!!!!! It was so sweet and really cooled us down :)  Saturday I had real Indian Food for the first time! Everyone had told me it was so spicy, and all this stuff but I really liked it!!! I'm sure by the end of my time here I will love it :) Sunday we went to church!! It was a great day!!! HISTORIC ACTUALLY!!! Surrey 3rd had the 1st Hindi sacrament!!! They have done research and it's the first one on record in the church!!! HOW COOL!!!!!!! There were so many people there member and non-member!! The Relief Society room was packed!!!! We got to talk to some non-members after and they just loved it!!! One lady Sharon said she loved the music and she really felt something different! She also said I was glowing with the Spirit :) She said, "I don't think it's the make up either." :) DEFINITELY NOT THE MAKE UP!!! I have never been so tired or ugly in my life hahahhahaahhahahahahah DEFINITELY THE SPIRIT!!!! Sunday night we met with some awesome ward members that I can't wait to work with!! The McGonigals...yes like Harry Potter :) and a Cute family from New Zealand :) Everything is going well here just going to take some getting used too!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FATHER!!!!!!!! 
Love you so much poppy!!!
 Also my mom was in BC this last week :) She went to the mission office and got a little tour, ate at my FAV cupcakery :) and got to go to the temple :) It was weird knowing that she was right by :) hahaha but she was just getting a taste for when I bring my whole fam back up here next year!!!
Hope you all have a good week!! 
Love,
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment