Midnight Pearl Background

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Week 39: Transfers....I'm Surrey bound!

So...........I GOT TRANSFER NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cathy's kiddos Ean & Grace
I am going to SURREY 3RD WARD!!!!! Brookswood Ward boundaries {where I am now} and Surrey 3rd touch each other so I'm seriously just getting transferred next door, but to a new Stake!! hahaha My new companion is from the Philipines!!! I don't know how to spell her name so I won't even try :) It sounds like Picasso with an M in front :) hahah She has been out 6 weeks and so I will be finishing training her for the next 6 weeks! Should be an adventure for sure!!! Surrey is very culturally diverse which is not what I'm used to on my mission so far! I'm going to have to learn how to say "Hi" and "Jesus Christ" in new languages hahaha Sister Brimhall is staying in the beloved Brookswood Ward and training a brand new missionary straight from the Provo MTC!! She is going to do great!!!!!! I'm going to miss her a TON!!!! We are the best of friends!!! Love her so much!!!
Cathy! I will miss her :(

This week was a great week!! We finally got back in touch with all of our investigators!!!!! With Tuesday being our P-day our week started on Wednesday. So Wednesday we met with Sunita and set a new baptism date with her for June 26th! She came to church and to our ward Luau we had this weekend!!! We also went and had dinner with a family in our ward and we are teaching their 7 yr old daughter the lessons! We taught her the Restoration by playing Jenga!!! haha It was a lot of fun!! There was a block that said Jesus Christ and 12 blocks that had the names of Jesus' Apostles! All the rest had gospel principles on them like Sabbath day, Faith, Repentance, Prayer...) So we built up the church but once you take away Jesus Christ and His apostles the whole thing tumbles. Without the authority from Jesus Christ or His apostles the church was unable to be built up again in that period of time. BUT Because God loves us he called another prophet just like in days of old and restored Christ's gospel and the authority needed to build up the gospel again! So we ended with a completed Jenga tower again!! It was really
Sister Tusi & Sister Towns
good!!!!
Thursday we met with Kerry and she said she still wants to be baptized and come to church!! YAY!!!!! It's been a month since we've had a lesson with her so we were worried!!! She is so great!!! We also found out during our lesson that one of her best girlfriends is a member of our ward!! SCORE!!!
Friday we met with Jolene! We had a great lesson about Repentance and read Alma 36! Alma is so cool!!! He has one of the best conversion stories in the Book of Mormon!! Jolene always has such great questions that she almost teaches herself!! I'm going to miss her so much!!! I love her questions and studying to figure them out!! Good times!!
Saturday was a FUN day!!! Our ward had a Luau!! Like a legit Luau!!!!! They roasted 2 pigs and had enough food to feed about 100 armies!! Then Sister Tusi danced the Hula and other island dances and the ward members even practiced before hand and danced!! It was so good!! Sister Tusi and her dancers did a dance from Kiribati and some surrounding islands!!!!!!!! That's where her grandfather is from so I told her
Jolene! 
about Britney and Jacob of course!! hahahahaha She was so happy! 
It rained ALL DAY that day!!!!! So we had to move everything inside the tiny gym!! We fit 250+ people in there and 1/3 of them were investigators, non-members, or visitors! It was a great turn out and a great way to end my time here in Brookswood :) The Luau was a good distraction from Transfer Calls which always make us antsy!!! I was expecting a transfer call though :( as much as I wanted to stay I just felt like it was time to go somewhere new...aparently RIGHT NEXT DOOR!!! LOL Sunday was a good day! I got to say goodbye to all the members and investigators!! I love them so much!!!!!!! It's becoming a tradition that I sing in Sacrament my last Sunday in the area...no more musical numbers right before transfers from now on hahahah. So Us missionaries sang Ye Elders of Israel and IT WAS SWEET!!! Sunita came to church with her husband and they seemed to really like it!!
This week has been bittersweet as I've said goodbye to some of my favorite people!! I really love this ward! I was spoiled by them!! I'm excited for this new area though and my new companion!! I asked some members of our
ward to teach me Tagalog so I can say something she understands :) So here is HELLO OR HOW ARE YOU
This is totally phonetically not real spelling probably hahaha Kam-u-sta-ka (i separated it so you can say it properly) Friends and Peter (cousin) who have served in the Philippines do not laugh at me hahaha Send me more things to say!! haha That would be great!! Here's another one but I forgot what it means Magandangumaga....I'll have to ask her what that means!! I'll end with some funny stories from this week:
1) So Sister Brimhall and I are rolling up to this stop sign rocking out to our cool EFY church music and this middle aged guy on a motorized scooter just rolls right in front of us...DIDN'T EVEN LOOK!!! Almost hit the guy!! So when he finally notices he turns around and HE SERIOUSLY WAS THE LEAD SINGER OF NICKELBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He smiled like Flynn Rider from Tangled and was drinking a juice box and just not caring
about anything in the world hahahahahahhahahhahhahaahahahahahhhaha WE WERE BUSTING UP LAUGHING!!!!!!!!! He was just loving his juice box and thought he was the coolest thing in the world!!!!! hahahahah
2) I'm not sure if I sent this last week but we are still laughing about it so it's still funny :)
We go to this potentials house Janet and there is a party going on and we show up at the same time the pizza guy does AWKWARD!!!!! So she opens the door and the pizza guy goes "Just have some pizza with a side of your Lord and Savior" HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAH It was just so perfect!!! we were dying laughing!!! We were still missionaries and asked him if he was Christian he said no that he was Jewish!!!!!!!!! Anyway we ended up talking to the potential for a second in between laughs!!
3) This one isn't funny!!! So Saturday was SUPER RAINY all day and it's our walking day so here we are just strolling down the street talking to everyone we meet and we go to cross the cross walk...the cars are still WAY far
Aryan {Erin} - My Pepsi Savior!
away so we were safe to cross well this car is coming closer and HE DOESN'T SLOW DOWN.... he then sees us IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CROSS WALK and slams on his breaks and starts fish tailing and we were like Oh man....what do we do....I didn't know if I should run or just stay put or what!! he was all over the road!!  I SAW MY LIFE FLASH BEFORE MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!! He got passed us and didn't hit us but man was it scary!!!! he was all mad at us too :( It was not a good start to the morning but we are still living!! BLESSINGS!! :) 

That's my crazy week for ya!
Goodbye Brookswood!!!!!
Hello Surrey!!!

Love,
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment