Midnight Pearl Background

Monday, June 27, 2016

Week 43: Hardest Week - Best Week!

Well I don't have much to talk about this week because ALL OF OUR APPOINTMENTS CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had 12 cancellations!!!!!! It was hard :( Every day we got a call saying sorry I can't meet or some of the crazy things would happen to the people we were going to see!! We tried really hard to figure out where Heavenly Father needed us to be! We endured to the end and tried our best :) We did have some really cool experiences this week! Heavenly Father always provides little miracles when we are struggling! Here they are:

1)The Benincosa's are the Senior Missionary Couple in our ward and they are just so thoughtful and take such good care of us!! We live in a basement suite and sometimes it's SO DARK!! Even in the middle of the day!! So we are always tired and blah...but the Benincosa's took a trip to Ikea and bought us lamps while they were there :) OUR APARTMENT IS NOW LIKE A CELESTIAL ROOM {if you don't know what that is ask a mormon :) } It's great and it's helped us to stay more awake!!! 2) We were checking out at a superstore and we said "Hi" to the lady...and then she randomly asked us...Do you believe Christ will come again? We said um...YES!!!!!!!!!! She said oh good me too!! Then she smiled and kept ringing up our stuff it was cool!! People recognize us as representatives of Christ!!! 3) Tuesday we were again at a store {trying to talk to people haha} it's where our Bishop works and the Manager came up to us and said "YOU GO SISTERS!!!" We were like "you know us??? hahahah" he said "I know all about you sisters!!!" hahhahah it was SO FUNNY! He kept following us around and saying "whoohooo you go sisters!!!!"  4) OUR CAR DIED....We were tracting and we go back to the car to run to an appointment and the thing wouldn't even turn
over...I was all too familiar with the sound of a dead Subaru from my Campbell River Days... So we called the Benincosa's and they saved us hahahhaha Kal Tire says there's nothing wrong...so we'll wait until it dies again I guess!!! 
5)  Saturday we realized that there is only 6 MONTHS TILL CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6) We also had Stake Conference!!! IT was so good!!!!! It was like a huge Seminar/Workshop on the Restoration. We got asked: What is the Restoration? They even asked the little kids in Primary. Here's some of their funny answers: 
"When God and Jesus Christ...like...showed up" hahahhahahahhahah BEST ONE!!!
"When the church got broken and he built it again." 
Other children just stared at the camera and refused to answer hahahhaahhaha
We got asked so many good questions!!  Just imagine a room
full of people remembering the first time they came to know the Restoration was true!!! IT WAS SO AWESOME!!!! 
They showed a video of the Sacred Grove and It took me back to when I was in the Sacred Grove on the Back East Trip and I knelt by myself and prayed to know if the Restoration was true and I felt so good! I remember the peace I felt and how I had this assurance that it was true. My new motto in my life is "Remember the Grove" I was lucky enough to get an answer to prayer in the sacred grove, but we don't have to be there to have an answer. We ask people every day to pray in their homes and ask if it's true and they get the same feeling I did. It just spiritually recharged me!!!  
7) Jean came to Stake Conference!!!!! She's so good!!! She brings her Chinese Book of Mormon wherever she goes!!!!
8) After Stake Conference we went to a Filipino luncheon at the park!! Sister Macaso was in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha There are so many Filipino members in Surrey Stake and I guess they do this every time after Stake Conference!! IT was fun!!! 

9) I had one of the most powerful experiences on my mission Sunday. Here's a little excerpt from my journal last night:
We tracted into this couple today and they just started drilling us with questions. Usually, I am not so patient during these "encounters" but this time I just prayed so hard that I would be kind and find some ounce of love for these people who were so devoted to tearing down my faith in Jesus Christ and His Restored Gospel. There were so many emotions going on inside, I was shaking like a leaf, but outside I remained calm and collected. I just listened. I knew I had a testimony, It had just been confirmed and strengthened the night before at Stake Conference, all I needed to do was rely on the spirit. Instead of whipping out all the "evidence" I had that the Restoration is true to support me. I simply testified of my experience with praying to know it's true. They twisted all my words,  they used the classic Bible Verses, and used every tactic...This went on for what seemed like forever. I was praying so hard that I would be calm and just find some love for them. My awesome Companion Sister Macaso was doing the same. She was out of things to say but prayed so hard for me to say the right things. I just kept testifying the whole way through. I can't recall everything I said and that's how I know it's from the spirit not me. At one point, I was done, it was just going in circles. So I paused...too long apparently because I started crying!! I testified again through my tears, they were tears of sorrow that this couple wasn't getting it and wouldn't soften their hearts to accept such a simple and powerful message of truth. It brought me to tears how much I wanted them to believe." As we walked away from them, I broke
down. I was just overwhelmed! It took everything I had, all my energy to stand there and testify. I had never been so "attacked" before. I've also never been so sure of my testimony of Joseph Smith, Jesus Christ, and the Restoration before.I know I was protected spiritually because my testimony of the Restoration was fresh in my mind. I had prayed to God Saturday 
night after Stake Conference to help me never doubt my testimony of the Restoration. This was an answer to my prayer it's something that will stick with me forever. The fact that we kept going and preaching the gospel after proves to myself that I do have a testimony of this Gospel and that it is deep rooted in my heart. That experience strengthened me and helped me so much!!!!!!!

So those are my small miracles this week :) It was the hardest week, but the best week!!! I love this gospel. I can't even begin to describe how much it has blessed me and how much I want people to accept it. I KNOW THIS IS TRUE!!!!!!!!! This is why I serve...to help others learn about this and accept it into their hearts. I don't think I could testify so strongly of anything else in my life. This Gospel and God's plan for us to be with our families for eternity is  the only thing that matters in this life because that is "this life". We are preparing ourselves to meet God and to live with him for eternity. I am so grateful for this!!!  If you are reading this and you haven't met with missionaries before...PLEASE DO IT!!!!  You will be so glad you did :)

Love,
Sister Peterson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment