Midnight Pearl Background

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Week 35: My Week in Review

8 months today!!!! Holy Moses....this is going faster than I thought!!! This week didn't fly by....it literally felt like a month!! Haha Oh my goodness I've never been so stressed on the mission!!! But all is good now :) Just pray all will continue to go good
Sister Holbrook! Yay!
with our investigators and that we will find more people to teach!!! Monday we had the priviledge of being taken out to dinner by Sister Patriquin the most lively 90 year old I've ever met!! She is so sharp, and she owes that pink cowboy hat of hers!! She is so funny!! I love her! She took us out to dinner because she doesn't cook anymore. Man does she have some crazy and funny stories to tell!! We had a blast! haha
Tuesday we had a good day! Taught lots of lessons and kept pretty busy!! Tuesdays are becoming our most busiest day!!! We barely have time to grab some lunch to take with us sometimes!! We had dinner with a less active member that night and we are sharing our message and she says quite boldly,  "I am a Catholic and I tell everyone that because it means universal, it's a universal church." She kept going on about how the Catholic church was set up first and all this stuff...in our minds we go "oh snap!!" Sister you are LDS NOT CATHOLIC haha It was funny we didn't know what to say...we kept thinking "do you know you are feeding MORMON missionaries??? hahahhaha We ended up on a tangent and couldn't reign it back into THE RESTORED GOSPEL, so we had to leave. We left her with a reading from the Book of Mormon hahaha
Secretariat's Grandson
Wednesday was AWESOME!!! We met with Kerry and we talked more about her baptism and told her the only thing stopping her from being baptized is her not being married!!! She is SO funny I love her!! She says I want to get married in Vegas by Elvis and then take my kids to Disneyland {sister that sounds like a fun trip...but do you want to be baptized soon?!?!?} So I said that our Bishop could dress up as Elvis and marry them in the Church :) hahaha She said she'd talk about it. We then asked her when she wanted to be baptized and what she wanted to accomplish or do before then. She said, "I want to have regular scripture study and prayer with my family, go to church every Sunday, and be a good person for God!! WE WERE LIKE....KERRY YOU ARE SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! She seriously is SO ready for the Gospel it is the way she will accomplish all of that and more! She just was waiting for a way to implement that in her life and taking the lessons with us is one of the best ways to do that! We are going to meet with her this week and see how the marriage talk went :) She's so awesome I can't wait for her to set a date to work towards! We also found this lady to teach who has 13
KIDS!!!!!! She has an uncle in Abbotsford that is LDS and she is just curious! AWESOME!!!! Can you imagine how much the gospel will help her family and her 13 kids!!!!!!! Holy Moses...Hopefully we'll get to meet with her this week!! Thursday was pretty good! We met with Cathy and talked about her Baptism and continued to prepare her for this Saturday!! We stopped by lots of potentials in hopes of finding a new investigator, but we didn't have any luck! That's seriously the worst!! You want to teach so bad but finding the people to teach is SO HARD!!!! We've been going through a dry spell lately and it's frustrating sometimes. You think to yourself, "Am I spiritual enough?" Am I being exactly obedient? What are we doing wrong?! Don't worry I know this is a test of patience...I just don't want to feel like I'm not doing my part by finding new people to teach. Just have to remind myself it's all in the Lord's timing and it will all work out if I'm doing what I'm supposed too! Friday we met with Jolene. We were excited after our awesome lesson last week! We talked about the Book of Mormon with her and after we were done she said, "Was there something wrong last time? I noticed that the energy was off." We panic...she said after we left she noticed
that none of us drank her tea...so she googled Mormons and Tea...OH THE EMBARRESSMENT!!!!!! hahah jk It was just really funny! She read up about the word of wisdom online and then said next time we better tell her we don't drink anything but Herbal tea hahaha 
She is a genius! I think I said that before, but now we think she's some sort of energy wizard. She senses things so quickly and she can read us like a book . She has some mom super powers that's for sure!!!! haha She is so great and we love teaching her because she expands our minds and helps us think about what we are teaching more deeply...deeper...meh whatever! You know what I mean!
Friday night we had dinner with the Layton family! They are so fun!! We had CORN ON THE COB!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently Canada grows lots of corn so you can't even bring it over the border...they will confiscate it!!! We taught a lesson on the Plan of Salvation and we talked about how we can be with our family's in the celestial kingdom forever. Well one of their daughters said yeah mom and dad are TIGHT! We were like, "Awesome! Yeah they are they
are pretty cool!" She says, "No they were sealed so their like....tight!" hahahahhahahahhaha It was so funny!!! Then as we were leaving they have this dance they do when their dad leaves every morning and they did it for us....we were DYING laughing!!! Dad, mom, and all 3 kids were just dancing and waving goodbye to us! It was awesome I wish I could have recorded it!! We could barely leave the driveway it was so funny!! Saturday was the crazy day!!! I got a VISIT FROM SISTER HOLBROOK!!!! Remember her!?!? My 2nd companion!!! Trio in Campbell River!!!! She came to visit with her parents and got special permission to take us out to lunch!! It was THE BEST!!! We got to laugh about our crazy stories and catch up! It was so fun!!! I miss her a ton!! Can't wait to hang out with all of my companions after the mission!! The rest of the day was alright, I mean how can you top that! ;) Sunday was good! We got a new investigator!! She's from Fiji and very sweet!! After we met her we SO kindly got kicked out of the trailer park for "soliciting." Welp! At least we found the reason for being there!!! We had an impromptu lesson with Alyssa one of our investigators we're working with! She lives on a farm and she let us pet her horses! One of them is the Great Great Grandson of Secretariat!!!!!!!!! Horse Genealogy...who knew....everyone except for me apparently! Then we see the Clydesdale horses...seriously the most majestic looking horses ever!! They come over the ridge...see the action photo attached!! They are GINORMOUS!!!!!!!!!!! It was fun :) We had dinner with a great family! They make us laugh so hard whenever we go over! They have 2 young boys who are non-stop comedy! haha he's 4 years old and he says to his dad, "Give me another patty, yo!" hahhahaha We had one of the boys draw the 1st vision while we described it...it was fun! Sunday night ended with a bit of Bad news :( One of the less actives here that we visited quite regularly to read the Book of Mormon passed away yesterday! She was so sweet :) I'm glad that she is not in pain anymore though!
This week was crazy, and stressful, and fun! SO GLAD IT'S OVER!!!
This next week is Cathy's Baptism!! May 7th!!!
And then......Sunday I get to Skype home to my family!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for all your support and prayers :)
Love ya all
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment