Midnight Pearl Background

Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 26: I Love To See The Temple...I'm Going There Tuesday!!!

YES I AM BEING TRANSFERRED!!!

Packing for Transfers
I am going to be serving in Langley!!!! Specifically the Brookswood ward!!! You seriously walk out of church and the temple is RIGHT THERE!!!! I am so stoked!!!!! My new companion is Sister Hawke! We were in a trio towards the end our our MTC time!!!  I love her so much! We are going to have a blast!!! When the assistants called us to tell us our news....and they said where I was going and with who...I JUMPED UP AND DOWN AND SCREAMED!!! haha then I said "Oh sorry elder....that may not be appropriate but I'm so excited!!! hahaha  Elder/Sister communication is always a bit awkward :) hahahaha Anywho....so yeah I'm leaving the island.....it's the best place in Canada so I'm not sure how I feel about it!!! I'm excited to see what the Mainland is all about though! I have to admit I am super stoked to be in a CITY and be around all the hustle and bustle again!!! #imissvegas.
From what I've heard this ward I'm going to is SUPER GREAT and that I'll be well taken care of just like Campbell River ward except bigger!!!
So....transfers are exciting but our week was exciting too! Here's just a few snipits of what we did! Monday was P-day and we chilled and got all dressed up and went to the beach and took photos!!!! I LOVED the photos of my name tag in the sand with the driftwood...ugh....so awesome! Diane gave us these super cute necklaces (it's like oragami owl but canadian version) and they have a canadian flag and a jewel that says forever in my heart and then "sister" in the background!  I LOVE IT!!! So we took some pics with those!!! Later that night we went to Diane's to watch the Restoration movie with Lisa Marie an investigator whom I love so much!! Well....everything {seriously everything} went wrong. We couldn't get the DVD player to work/connect so we tried a different tv and as soon as Diane went to go look behind it it jumped off the mantle took a ginormous leap of faith 5 ft and crashed to the floor.....and it so conveniently landed on Diane's foot and broke her toe....SATAN REALLY DIDN'T WANT LISA MARIE TO WATCH THAT MOVIE HAHAH. So we we're pretty sure the flat screen broke but we 
Lisa Marie
turned it on and by the grace of Heavenly Father WE WERE ABLE TO WATCH THE MOVIE!!! So we were watching it and then it starts skipping....so we had to suffer through an hour of skipping DVD....it tested my patience!!! I thought our night was ruined...spirit gone...ugh I was so upset when we watched the movie...but there was nothing I could change about the situation. Then on Sunday
 Lisa Marie shared in Relief Society how she watched a movie with us and it really left her with a good message and helped her out!!  NOT ALL WAS LOST!!! WHAT A BLESSING!!! Tuesday we had exchanges with our awesome Sister Training Leaders!! I went with Sister Ritchie from Newport Beach, CA...she's pretty much AMAZING!!! We had a blast!! We had tons of spiritual experiences and tons of fun times!! It's a good thing we weren't companions because we literally talked all day non-stop....hahahah She is now on a ferry with Sister Christensen going home :( That night we ate at a members house and had a turkey dinner! LOVE!! Well they had a friend there that they have been trying to talk to about the gospel for 8 years...well he usually gets up and leaves as soon as

we get there. Well this time...he stayed!!!!! And even listened to our spiritual message!!! It was SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!! Wednesday we had district meeting in Courtenay...our last one together :( I got roped into playing the piano...I kept it such a good secret for 6 months and then it comes out!!! Man!!! hahaha so I played and I'm pretty sure I disgraced the art of piano playing :) I need to start up again! After the meeting we took a little detour and found COSTCO!!! So we had to go in and go to the food court. Well let me tell you....it was like walking into the Vegas Costco back in the 90's....legit. IT'S NOTHING LIKE THE ONES IN THE STATES!!! The food court didn't even have BERRY SMOOTHIES!!! What the heck Costco?!?!? So I settled for pizza and an ice cream! I just told the people outside that I was a missionary and I had a costco card back home and they could look it up hahah and they let us in! SO fun!!!
Dorothy
On our way home we went contacting on Miracle Beach and we found TONS OF SAND DOLLARS!!! I am so dumb and didn't even think they were living things so I was like "i FOUND A BLACK ONE!!!!" wow...blonde moment! They are so pretty though!!!! I love the beach!!! I'll miss it a ton!!! As we drove into town we met with some investigators who live on our area border and had a great lesson with them!! He has been investigating the church for 10+ years and he said the missionaries always show up when he is going through a bad time...and BEHOLD WE SHOWED UP AT THE RIGHT TIME!!! Heavenly Father loves him so much!!!! Wednesday night was AWESOME!!! We had a super good lesson with Dorothy!! She said that she felt like her life was changing. She said she has started acting different and then tapped the Book of Mormon and said I think it's because of this book.....JAW HITS THE FLOOR!!!!!!!!! WHAT!?! Then she said one of these days I may go down to that church....WHAT!?!? Then....she said she had been thinking about baptism and how she can be immersed in the water post-surgery and everything.....WHAT!?!?  She really has
Necklaces Diane made us
started progressing!!! She's a gem! I'm so glad she has figured this out for herself and isn't just taking what the missionaries are telling her. THEN... I told her I was singing in church on Sunday 
and she said well I might come but I'll be too tired.....TO BE CONTINUED...... WEDNESDAY WAS ALSO BO'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Love ya brother! Wish I could have been there for your birthday!!! 19....wow....you are so old. 
Thursday was a blur...always is! :)
Friday we had a lesson with Marilyn and she said she is sticking with the Bible and she has gotten her answer...she said she will still read the Book of Mormon. We love her so much!! She helped us and pushed us to know our bible better!! I started packing on Friday because I felt like I was leaving Campbell River for transfers....let me tell you I HAVE SO MUCH STUFF!!!!!!!!!! 6 months in one place is a great way to accumulate tons of knick knacks!!! Saturday was pretty much torture as we waited for Transfer calls!!! Then we got them and I started
The Knowles (the family we lived with)
packing like a mad woman!!! Sunday 
I sang in church...I think Diane posted a video on my Facebook Page hahahaha I was so nervous and trying not to cry because it was my last Sunday!!! WELL GUYS... DOROTHY CAME TO CHURCH!!!!!!! She looked so pretty in her church clothes and it was so great to see her there at church FINALLY after 6 months of trying!!!!! WOOWHOO!!!!! Sunday consisted of us finishing packing and getting ready to leave!! Campbell River is being "Blue Washed" so they are getting a good set of Elders!!! It will be GREAT!! 
I have loved it there so much and it's like home!!!! I love the members to pieces and I can't wait to go back!!!!!
Today has been emotional and eventful too! We drove to Nanaimo super early so Sister Christensen could catch the ferry over! I am staying in Nanaimo until tomorrow when I go to Brookswood via Ferry!!! Super fun!!! Before we sent the Sister off this morning we danced in the parking lot of the church and had a super fun time!!!! I'll have to send home the video it's Classic!!! Now I'm just hanging out with Hermana Wilson in Nanaimo!!! I'm a fake sister training leader for a day!! Let me tell you I am SO GLAD I am not a STL!! SUPER STRESSFUL especially at transfer time!!! Whew...I'm getting tired!!! That's all for now!!! 

Super fun week and I'm so happy for my new transfer news!!!!!!!
Talk to ya later! Love you all to Canada and back :)
Love,
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment