Midnight Pearl Background

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Week 20: Lots of Lessons and Transfers

Sister Foote @ Zone Meeting
This week ZOOMED by guys!!! At the beginning of the week we had 4 LESSONS IN ONE DAY!!! That may not seem like a lot to some other returned missionaries reading this but HOLY MOSES that was a GOOD DAY FOR US!!! We taught our New Investigator Trevor! He requested a Book of Mormon online! He's super cool! He is 70 and is just curious about different religions! I may have said this last week...maybe not but when we met with him we asked him if he'd read the Book of Mormon at all he said YES! SCORE! I asked him how far he had gotten he said he read ALL THE CHAPTER HEADINGS FOR THE WHOLE BOOK OF MORMON!!!!!!!!!! DOUBLE SCORE!!! It was so cool!! We are meeting with him again tomorrow!! He LOVES hockey so we are trying to find a member that loves it too so they can be best buds! We have been doing a lot more teaching and less finding which is SO GOOD!!! I love teaching...it makes me feel more productive. Unlike other missionaries, I like tracting but I'll totally take teaching over knocking doors!! Later in the week, we had a lesson with Marilyn! She's a miracle!!! So while we were emailing last week we got a call from a random number and it was this lady (Marilyn) that I had talked too 3 months ago just down from the church. Sister Ricks at the time was on the phone so I just chatted with her as she was walking her dog and gave her our phone number on a mormon.org card if she was ever interested. WELL HOLY COW SHE CALLED!!!! 3 MONTHS LATER!! It was SOOOO cool! I felt so awesome! Not to be vain or anything...but to see that a little seed that I myself had planted...turned into something was REALLY COOL!!! Anywho...she said she just wanted to talk about our beliefs but she wanted to meet with the "Elders" {old people of the church} and not us young vibrant missionaries! Haha So we set everything up for her to meet us at the church. Usually missionaries lead lessons but she sat us down and just started telling us her amazing life story and how she's been on this spiritual journey for a while. She said that she just likes meeting with
Cooking Steak!
people to hear their side of their religion and tries not to make any assumptions. So we talked to her about EVERYTHING!!! She had so many questions for us!! We talked for an hour and a half and just answered questions and talked about the Restoration. At the end, I was like, WOW... pretty sure my jaw hit the ground! It was so good! I'm grateful for all the knowledgeable people in our ward!!! I think she started to warm up to us young missionaries too :) We're going to teach her again this week! 
After this lesson, our Thursday was going pretty good! We decided to do some finding in the north part of Campbell River and we pulled over on the side of road for like 30 minutes to do some paperwork. Well I went to go turn the Subaru back on and IT WOULDN'T EVEN TURN OVER!!! It had completely died!!! It was the middle of the day so we didn't even have any lights on that could of made it die...we were worried because we had a dinner appointment in an hour, a meeting, and then we had to drive to Nanaimo!!!!!! We got out of the car and called a few people and finally the member we live with said he could leave work and come rescue us!!! YAY!!! While we were waiting a member drove by and we waved our hands high like we were stranded on an island in the middle of the ocean or something...and she saw us!! She turned around and let us sit in her warm car until we got saved! She said she never drives down that road, but just happened to go back to work that way!! MIRACLE!!!! Anyway....we got our car jumped and made it to our dinner appointment on time, to our meeting, and then drove straight to Nanaimo with NO STOPS so it didn't die again! We made it there okay though! Phew! It was a beautiful clear night to drive though! The roads were perfect and I could see TONS OF STARS as I was driving :) so peaceful and lovely! The next day we had Zone Meeting where we learned about teaching Repentance and Teaching to Convert NOT to Baptize! IT was SO GOOD! After the meeting we got our car looked at and the guy said our battery was basically useless! So we had to wait for them to fix it so we got to spend some time in the BIG city :) 

Dinner of  Champions
On our way back we scheduled a lesson on the borders of our area with Finley and Robin! They have been investigating the church for a long time and I just love them! We had such a good lesson and we left with our arms full!!! They gave us a slow cooker {SCORE!!!} Deer meat to make stew in our new slow cooker!!! Salmon!!!! Yum!! Bacon, soda, and some Triscuits Hahahah they just kept giving us things!!! We are going to eat the stew tonight so hopefully it tastes good :) I've never cooked Deer meat before! #canadalife
Later that night, we had a lesson with Dorothy who we haven't been able to meet with in a long time! We decided to just have a neutral lesson so we would figure out where she's at and stuff. We talked about Peter and being converted to Jesus Christ and how Peter said he was converted but when the time came he denied Jesus Christ. We talked about how it's important to not just desire...but to act! It was a really good discussion! Read the Talk Full Conversion Leads to Happiness or something...by Elder Scott. At the end we invited Dorothy to church and she said she didn't want to join the Mormon church :( This was hard to hear especially since she was supposed to be baptized this month! I love her so much and she is AMAZING, but she's had a very hard life! I admire her so much :) On Saturday we usually walk to save K's and to meet people on the street! Well that ended quickly...my eye has been having problems for about a month now and so we decided I better go to the doctor! So we spent our walking day in a walk in clinic in Walmart! I felt so bad that I ruined our day, but that didn't last long because we found this super awesome lady in Walmart and we gave her our number! We talked to like 15 people in there about the fact that we're missionaries! I also talked to this lady for about 30 minutes about Vegas and all of her adventures there while we were waiting for our prescriptions to be filled! Haha it was a good day! Saturday was also TRANSFER CALLS!!!! IT WAS BASICALLY TORTURE!!! Everyone said I would probably go so I was planning on that...but 10:30 rolled around and we didn't get a call...to be honest I was a little bummed :( I wanted to experience a new area and different things. BUT! I came to the conclusion that God needs me here for some reason this transfer. At the end of this transfer I will have spent 1/3 of my mission in Campbell River! I LOVE CAMPBELL RIVER!!! The people are so nice and we are starting to see the work pick up! I'm going to try to make this my best transfer yet and work my hardest even though I've been here for a long time. I am grateful that I didn't have to cancel the appointments we have this week with our new investigators due to transfers, and that Sister Christensen and I get to keep working on things here. Starting over would be really hard!
That's about all that happened this week...Things are going good!
Hope you all are doing good too :)
Love,
Sister Peterson

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ahhhhh! I totally forgot so for the brave souls who want to continue reading, I have a couple of funny stories:

So, one day this week we were walking through the woods and we decided to turn right instead of going left to go down the main path...well we ended up going down this FOREVER long path that took us through mud, up hills, we were definitely NOT DRESSED for this adventure...bad day to wear my fav pencil skirt guys :( !!!! We hiked for like 15 min and we didn't know if we should go back or not but I decided we should just keep going! We eventually made it back to the main clearing...turns out it's just a loop...anyway we got to see some things we hadn't before! Like super pretty trees, the other side of the river :) Hahah


 So about 3 weeks ago when it snowed really bad we were tracting and when we got back to the car I realized I didn't have my pencil...my favorite green pencil...that writes perfectly and has never failed. I was DEVASTATED when I couldn't find it! We had somewhere to be but Sister Christensen said we could go back and look for it on all the streets we had tracted later. This made me happy because I didn't want anyone to take it or run over it. Well we forgot to go back...I ended up buying new pencils and all was well again. Then a few days ago we were walking down one of the streets we had tracted the day I lost my pencil. We were just chatting about this Jehovah's Witness lady we had just talked with and I stop dead in my tracts and exclaim MY PENCIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My poor green pencil looked like it had been run over about 232928365986 times!! Oh it broke my heart!!! Sister Christensen was laughing so hard and snapped some pics of my last moments with my pencil. I was thrilled I found it but it was too far gone to ever be used again!! It was a sad day on Gemsbok Rd....Look at the pictures...they'll break your heart! I love you green pencil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment