Midnight Pearl Background

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Week 19: #Interesting Adventures

The perfect word to describe this week is....#INTERESTINGWe had days that were SUPER AWESOME and days that were NOT SO AWESOME! Tuesday we drove down to Nanaimo..our favorite 3 hour vacation spot :)
|| side note from Sydni...I finally figured out how to pronounce this and I figured most of you were struggling along with me...so here you go ;) {Nah-nEYE-Mo} ||
We have to go down again this week too! Lot's of road trips! We drove down because President and Sister Burt came to give us a training! IT WAS SO COOL! We seriously just sat down with them and talked about missionary work for 4 hours! I LOVED IT! He gave us some good ways we can improve and keep working to make our mission on fire! After meetings I always feel so motivated and ready to go get things done! It was great! It's also fun to see the other missionaries :) The meeting ended at 5:30pm and it had been snowing all day so I was not excited to look outside! Well...Heavenly Father made a beautiful ice rink :) We started driving home and it was okay...but as we drove further North and closer to Campbell River I was on the verge of loosing feeling in my fingertips from gripping the wheel! I was so stressed out!!! On the highway the speed limit is 120 {kilometers people....don't loose your heads! = 75mph} and I had to go between 40-60 {25-40mph}! If I went over we would slip on the road! UGH I WAS SO SCARED!!! It usually takes us around 1hr and 30 min to drive from Nanaimo but we didn't get back until 9PM!!! I made a new rule the moment we got home that we are having sleepovers in Nanaimo if it gets that bad because I refuse to drive Hahahah We made it safely back
thank goodness! If anyone has any winter driving tips besides DON'T DRIVE I'd love to hear them :) Hahah This week we did a lot of service and not as many lessons! I love doing service though it always makes me happier and it's a great way to share the gospel with people who may be struggling or stressed. We got to help a ward member prepare to move and we got to help our Recent Convert Diane sew! She has to make little night gowns and she has a TON to make! Mom you will be proud I actually sewed a straight line :) hahah We are going over today to start our own little quilting squares so that will be fun! Thursday night we had a MIRACLE! We've been asking members about their missionary work and if they have anyone they are working with. Well one member pointed to her grandchildren as they weren't looking! Haha it was great! We taught the granddaughter and she said that we could come back and teach her more. She's about 9 or 10 years old and she said she loves coming to church! She's so cute! Friday we decided to try doing missionary work out in the boonies! #interesting We met with some less actives which is always a PLUS!!! After we decided to tract...we were at one door and while we were waiting for an answer I saw this weird looking animal out of the corner of my eye...it was NO JOKE LIKE half raccoon half cat!!!!!! We decided to call it Catcoon. We
decided we should just go tract somewhere else so we started walking away and then a man answered the door! We talked to him for a while and he told us that we need to wake up every morning and raise our arms to the sky to let the energy in!! I have been trying to incorporate that into my morning routine :) I'll update you next week :) Haha After Catcoon and the nice energy man we were at a loss of what to do! We just felt like we were just in the wrong place...we decided to try this less active family one more time. I'd never been able to contact them. WELL THEY WERE HOME AND WE GOT TO GO IN!!!! It was super cool to meet the family and share a gospel message with them. Lesson learned: be patient and miracles will come! Saturday we WALKED A TON!!! and MIRACLE...I FINALLY FOUND A GOOD WATERPROOF JACKET!!! Dad you will be very happy :) Hahaha it hasn't rained much this week but I'm ready for it to pour now!!!!!  I love it when we walk all over town because we get to meet very #interesting people :) One guy was like, "Hey are you witnesses!!" We said, "No we're Mormons!" He did a fist pump and said "Yeah Mormons!! Go Team!!!" Hahahha it was so funny and brightened our day!!! Sunday was good!!!! We had our new investigator Jenna at church! She seemed to like it!! The talks were SO GOOD!!! One of the talks was on service and the member shared a little story I had never heard but I LOVE!! (I may tell it wrong,but whatevs!)
One day this man was walking along the beach and millions of starfish had washed ashore. He began picking them up one by one and throwing them back into the ocean. Along the way, another man walked up and asked "Why are you throwing them back? There are millions of these starfish! You won't even make a difference." The First man bent down picked up another starfish tossed it into the ocean and said "It made a difference to that one."
Sometimes I feel like service has to be some grandiose thing and I have to make a BIG difference. But one thing I've loved about my mission is the little acts of service I do everyday.  I'm going to focus on being more happy with those little things. We may not be able to pick up all the starfish on our own, but we can make little differences that add up. There's a lot more that happened this week but for the sake of your iPad and iPhone batteries and your poor eyeballs I'll save those :)  I'm hoping I never have to drive on those scary roads again or go back out in the boonies and see Catcoon {although I would like to get a picture} BUT the lesson I got from this week is no matter how #interesting things get or how scary situations are there is always some sort of deliverance at the end. It's all about just pushing through those crazy times to get to the better things that await! 
Love you all!!!
Sister Peterson

- - - - - - P.S. EVERYONE  - - - - - - 
**TRANSFER CALLS ARE THIS WEEKEND SO WE'LL SEE IF I LEAVE OR STAY!!!!**
AHHH SO NERVE WRACKING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment