Midnight Pearl Background

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Week 2 - I'm leaving for Canada


So since I have NO time because I leave for Vancouver tomorrow (HALLELUJAH!) Here are just a few highlights from my week until I can write a detailed letter:

1. I'm still sick and I have a sinus infection...no fun BUT I get to get off the compound and go get medicine! SCORE!!!!

2. I am now in a TRIO of 3 Can-Van Sisters and it is so fun!!! Sis. Peterson, Sis. Graver, Sis. Hawke. 

3. I saw my cousin Sister Abbott!!!! Seriously the best thing! Now we see each other everyday! She is doing so great!

4. I ran into my old Piano teacher Sister Anderson who is serving in the Fresno, CA mission! That was so great! She remembered who I was and said "SHELBY!!!" I was like oh yeah...that's my first name! Haha

5. I got to go to the Provo temple today and it was just beautiful!! This is my district


6. I got THE BEST package from my family :) it had all my favorite snacks and some things for my birthday!!! So Sweet!! Packages seriously make your day here :) I love my family so much and I miss them everyday :) So when I got this package I cried!!! 

7. I got another birthday package from my Auntie Sharon with more snacks, and A PEPSI (heaven sent let me tell you) and a balloon! It was so funny when I opened the box and this balloon just started floating Haha 


8. This week everyone in my district is leaving :( which is so sad!! I've gotten close with all of them and so it is so sad to say goodbye!!! The Sisters are seriously my best friends and the Elders are so sweet! All of them are going to be great missionaries!!! I miss the sisters already but they are going to fine in Kansas!

9. Because all of our Elders in our district are leaving all the sisters bought oil and had them consecrate it...it was seriously the sweetest and most spiritual thing! They are seriously the best Elders!!! 

10. The sisters created a new hashtag #CAN-KAN....we were bored...since some are going to Canada and some are going to Kansas.

11. I sang in church with Sister Clark (Kansas-Witchita) and Sister Hawke (Can-Van) It was so wonderful!!!! According to the congregation we gave them a spiritual heart attack...I think that's good!


I can't think of anything else, but I have been so busy!!! There is so much to be done before I leave!! Once I get settled in Vancouver, I'll email out my address and all that fun stuff!! This week I've been STUDYING LIKE CRAZY!!!! but I've had so many spiritual experiences because of it! My testimony has grown so much. Prior to my mission I knew the gospel was true, but it didn't really "click" until I came here and threw myself into the gospel. I know that God loves us that he has a plan for us and the central part to that plan is His son Jesus Christ. In just two weeks I have become so much closer to my savior by applying His Atonement in my life everyday. I know that he knows me perfectly, that he has gone through everything I am going through right at this second, minute, hour, and week. The Atonement is AMAZING!!! I challenge all of you to repent daily. Christ atoned for your sins so you could use the power of the Atonement to stand unspotted before God. He loves you...use the power of the Atonement and become better everyday. I promise it will make a difference in your life, it sure has in mine. We can always become better and learn more. I know that the Spirit is real.I feel comforted and lifted up every day.  The gifts and power that God gives us as his Children are amazing and I know that as we use them and try to center our lives on Christ that we will see miracles in our lives.

Not going to go around it...missionary work is HARD! but if I trust in Christ by putting my faith in him and trying to be better I can do anything. I know that these things are true and I can't wait to teach the people of Canada about the restored gospel and of God and Jesus Christ's love. 
THE GOSPEL IS SO AMAZING!!!!!!!
MISSIONS ARE AMAZING!!!!!!

Got to go pack and go to town!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment