Midnight Pearl Background

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Week 74: CHANGE

Well I always thought I was someone that enjoys change, but this week I'm second guessing that. On Wednesday we had a worldwide Missionary broadcast where we were invited to attend the Missionary Executive Council meeting held at church
headquarters! It was really cool!!! We learned about the Doctrine of Christ and how each person has their own timeline for their conversion and how we can't force people to have faith or repent just so we can get a baptism. Just for the record, this has been my thought process the whole time. I DO NOT LIKE pushing people into baptism. I like them to make that big decision on their own and I want to make sure they are converted to the gospel first before making that commitment. Second, we learned that there are now changes to the missionary schedule!!! We still arise at 6:20am, but they took companion study from the morning and it's now "as needed" throughout the day, so we have a whole other hour in the morning to get ready and prepare for the day and Plan!! Yup they moved nightly planning from the night obviously to the day now!!! It's so weird!! I feel so unprepared for the day, but I'll get used to it soon! Now we come in at 9pm and write in our journals, pray, and go right to bed! IT'S SO WEIRD!!!! We definitely have to use our agency more! We aren't told exactly what to do anymore! It's up to us and our individual companionship. It's been hard because I've been doing it the same way for who knows how long now and now it's all different!!! CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!
Little Sister Yodi

This week also had a lot of change because we passed off the majority of our investigators to the Elders because they were men and it's easier for them to relate lol. So we have about 1 investigator right now and she's not really that solid....rough. BUT I know the Heavenly Father is going to bless us just like he did when this has happened before!! Monday we continued making our rings!!!! Now they are made!!! We had to melt down our own metal and use a centrifuge thing to make it!!! Today we will polish them to make them pretty!! Wednesday we saw a miracle! A few days before we were tracting on this road and we met a Telus guy going door to door (similar to Cox cable or Charter!) We talked to him about door approaches and what he sees that works best. He was SUPER COOL! HE'S AS OLD AS US AND HE HAS READ THE BIBLE 5 TIMES!!! That was before he was 12 or something! CRAZY!! So we told him about the Book of Mormon and gave him a pamphlet! Well I wrote him down on my little prayer role I have in my planner (everyone I say "i will pray for you" to or anyone that asks us to pray for them I write down!) SO I wrote Brody down and on Wednesday we come in at 9pm and guess who is standing in the lobby of our building....BRODY THE TELUS GUY!!! He
Little Sister McDowell
says "fancy meeting you here!" hahah He asked if we were going to knock the doors of the building like they just did...we said uh...no we actually live here....hahahahah We were able to follow up with him!! It was super cool!! 
Thursday we had dinner with the Lambs!! They are this awesome family in our ward!! We did a Plan of Salvation game where they have to put together a Plan of Salvation puzzle as fast as they can!! Their son was going on a mini-mission this weekend so we gave him a pamphlet and told him to study it and it will knock the socks off of the Elders he's going with hahah
Friday we met with Bishop at his office!!! IT WAS SO PROFESSIONAL!!! It reminded me of college!! hahah We talked about the ward and how our new focus is to get people to the temple!! Later we got our mini-missionaries!!!!! {Quick reminder: these are high school aged kids} First we had Sister Yodi! She's in the Kelowna 2nd ward, but then we had to switch and we got Sister McDowell for the weekend!!! SHE IS SO FUNNY!!! She was playing pranks the whole weekend! She put syrup in my apple juice....tried to put a mormon.org card in someone's car! Oh my goodness it went on and on! She's so full of energy!! She is so bold too!!!! She has no fear!!!! She was talking at doors and she even defended her testimony to a random guy on the street who was saying we were a
cult and that we were mislead...it was interesting, but she was so strong!!! She also got a door slammed in her face...IT WAS ONE OF THE WORST DOOR SLAMS I'VE EVER HEARD! Sister Limb and her were at the door and I was in the street on the phone and all the sudden I hear "Hi!" SLAMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!! I SWEAR THE EARTH SHOOK WHEN THAT LADY SLAMMED THE DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!! So crazy!! She didn't even shed a tear! She just talked about how she knows that it wasn't anything personal...and it built her testimony!! 
We had a ton of fun!!! We tried to show her what missionary work is really like, and she said she has a pretty good idea now! Today she goes back to high school and she still has 3 years until she can go on a mission, but I hope this experience was something she will look back on when she is making her decision!! Over the weekend our district leader was calling and giving us the new missionary schedule. He says "6:30 arise, pray, SHAVE....oh wait...you're not elders....uh......oh man....pretend that didn't happen....." hahahahhhhahahahahhahah I COULD NOT CONTAIN MY LAUGHTER!!!! POOR ELDER I WAS LAUGHING
SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Sunday we went and tracted down in South Kelowna and we found the most amazing view!!! I took a panoramic photo on my camera!!! Hopefully it turned out good!! We had dinner with the Purnells that night and they have a dog Beja that is about to have puppies!!!! We are so excited!!!! They always have their family over and the little kids thought it was so funny to tickle me on my neck during the lesson hahahaha I AM SO TICKLISH!!!! So my companion Sister Limb had to take over while I engaged in a pillow fight and tried to get them to stop tickling me hahahah They are 2 and 4...they won...I ended up on the ground with a blanket over my head and they just thought it was the funniest thing in the world!!! hahahah  Overall this weekend was super good! We had some tough times, some awkward moments, some miracles and some great laughs!!!!!! 
Love you all!! Transfers are coming up so pray that I stay in Kelowna 1 more transfer!!!!!!!!



Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment