Midnight Pearl Background

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Week 71: SUCCESS!!!!!

This week was so good!!!!!!!!!!! We worked so hard and we saw a lot of success!!!!!!! MONDAY WE HAD A SUPER FUN DAY!!! We went to a members' office. He's a denturist, but makes rings as a hobby and we started the process of making our own rings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have a Canada Vancouver Mission seal on it!!!! We had to melt wax and put it into this little
mold and then we had to make the band out of wax and IT TOOK FOREVER BUT IT'S GOING TO LOOK LEGIT!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!! It's quite the process!!! I'll send you some pictures!!!!  Tuesday we stopped by the house of this potential named Heidi! She let us right in and the first thing she said was, "I don't really have a religious background." We took that into account and we just started chatting and the Spirit was so strong! Our conversation just turned right into a gospel conversation!! She was asking so many good questions!!!!!!! EVERYTHING JUST FLOWED AS WE TAUGHT THE RESTORATION IT WAS SO COOL!!! When we told her about the First Vision she said, "That's amazing!!! How do we know that actually happened???" PERFECT QUESTION!!!!!!!! We told her about the Book of Mormon and how she can come to know through reading and praying!! It got me thinking WHY WOULDN'T SOMEONE WANT TO KNOW IF SOMETHING LIKE THIS IS TRUE!!! IF GOD CALLED ANOTHER PROPHET...WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO KNOW AND FOLLOW HIM????? IF GOD RESTORED THE SAME POWER AND AUTHORITY CHRIST HAD WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO ACCESS THAT????? It made me so thankful for the knowledge I have of this gospel!! She wants to bring her family to church! She has two step daughters and two little girls of her own!! WE FOUND A FAMILY!!!! SO EXCITING!!! Later that day we taught another lady, Erin, and he
lesson was different. She wasn't super interested and it was harder to teach. She was just not having it....so it was a great teaching moment for Sister Limb!! Now she knows when lessons are Spirit-filled and when the people are prepared and when people aren't prepared to hear the message we have! There is a clear difference!! Wednesday 
was a crazy day!! We didn't do much proselyting! We had District Meeting and then right after all the Elders came and helped us move!!! Sister Brimhall and Sister Eyanson moved into our apartment and then Sister Limb and I moved into a brand new apartment closer to our area!!! It was crazy!!!! After we got everything moved in I went with Sister Brimahll and Sister Eyanson back to my old apartment ( now their new apartment) to organize some things. The other sisters came about 45 min later...they said we organized the furniture and we started the dish washer for you!! **RED FLAG WENT OFF IN MY HEAD....WE DON'T HAVE ANY DISHWASHER SOAP YET..... I asked did you use dish soap...like dawn???? "YES!!!" I ALMOST DIED AND FELL ON THE FLOOR......I SAID YOU CAN'T USE DISH SOAP IN A DISH WASHER.........I SAID GO BACK NOW!!!!! In my mind I was imagining our new apartment flooded with bubbles...water  seeping through the floor...NIGHTMARE!!!!! I was praying so hard it would be okay!! They got back to the apartment and our kitchen floor was only half covered with bubbles!!!! Whew!!!! They said I was like their mom....but I was so worried!!!!! hahahhahahahh Now we have little dishwashing packs for the dishwasher and all is well. Later that night we were invited over to a Scrabble Party with one of our members. She gave us a heads up that one of her friends that comes asks very deep doctrine questions and that's why she wanted us there. So we went and she gave us dinner while they played scrabble...then the questions started to come....about all sorts of stuff!!!! Temples, our eternal
progression.....All we could think to do was STICK TO THE BASICS!! We basically just taught her the Plan of Salvation!! She said I want to keep playing scrabble but lets meet next week Tuesday at my house! SWEET!!!!!!  Thursday 
we met with a less active that we ran into while tracting! She is so sweet!! She has THE STRONGEST TESTIMONY!!! She said, "You're probably wondering why I don't come to church?" hahah Then told us all about it. She's had a rough life!! When she bore her testimony to us it was amazing!! We're going to keep working with her to bring her back to the fold!!! Friday we taught a few lessons!! We met with Jenny! When we first started teaching her she didn't have a belief in God...kind of considered her an Atheist. But in our lesson she said she has found a respect for God. She understands why he's there. And she believes God is real!!!!!!! It was really cool!!! She has come a long way!! She even said a prayer at the end of the lesson and it was perfect!!!!!!!! Saturday was a great walking day!!! We live closer to our area now, so we can walk all over!! Sister Limb had her first KinderEgg today!!!!! Yum!!! We got Frozen toys in ours hahaha We had to pick up our member for a lesson, but she got out of class early so we took her tracting hahah She loved it!! We found a potential for the Elders too!!! Then we went to our lesson with Tim!! IT WAS SO GOOD!!!! We taught him the Plan of Salvation and he was really close with
his dad who passed away , so he loved the idea of the Spirit World and that his dad is learning this stuff right now too!! At one part we were explaining that without the gospel we wouldn't really know our purpose in life and wouldn't have that example to follow...he said "thank goodness for the restoration then!!" MY FACE WAS BEAMING!!! LIKE A PROUD PARENT!!!!! I WAS SO PROUD OF HIM AND I WAS JUST SO HAPPY!!! HE FINALLY GOT IT!!!!!! THE RESTORATION IS SO IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!! I'M FULFILLING MY PURPOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! 
Our Sunday was pretty good aside from the fact that our Sunday School lesson was all sorts of awkward and I got sick later in the day :( I get super bad headaches when I go without food and so yesterday I was down for the count!! I tried everything though!! Just like previous times though...Heavenly Father always relieves the pain while I need to work or teach and then when I am sitting down or in the car it comes full blast again!! Blessings!! So I decided to get a Priesthood blessing from The Johns one of the senior couples. I haven't had a blessing in quite a while...I have always been focused on my companions and helping them get better and back to work that I never thought to get one...but I decided it was time!! So I asked for one!! I really needed it! I was assured that God knew of my righteous desires. That he is so proud of the hard work I'm doing!! I needed to hear that! :) Later Sunday night we got a call from the Sisters that they were stranded....they were cleaning the snow off their car and they locked the keys in the car....while it was running!!!! hahahahha They called roadside assistance, but we went and gave them our gloves and they were covered with snow....they had been outside their car for an hour hahahahahahahahahha Everything is going good so far!!! Training is a work in progress but we are working it out!! We are enjoying each day and I am just loving Kelowna!!!!!!  Most of all I just love being a missionary right now :) The Work is going so good! We are seeing progress!!!  I know the Lord is blessing us in so many ways!!! I know this is where I'm supposed to be!!!
Love you,
Sister Peterson :)

Random Facts:
**I haven't drank coke/pepsi in over 2 months now!!!
**Did you know squirrels scream??? We can hear them outside...it sounds like a baby...that's the only logical thing we can think of.....there is nothing else outside our window!!!

the end

No comments:

Post a Comment