Midnight Pearl Background

Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 56: Zone Conference, General Conference, Dried Banana Chips... and Other Miracles

This week was GREAT!!! 
Monday night we met with the Bishops...not the Bishop...but the Bishop Family....that's their last name...it's awesome!! We did a little FHE with them and it was fun :) Later we met with our investigator MaryAnne and she is
so AWESOME!!! She knows literally more members than we do and she has been prepared in so many ways!! We talked about how God's blessed her and her family. Her son and his wife are members of our ward! She was more than happy to have us back and teach her the lessons again! We're meeting with her tomorrow!! During the lesson I just had the best feeling and I just felt like I was going to help her get baptized...we'll see what happens!!
Tuesday we jumped in the car with the West Bank Sisters at 7am and drove up to Vernon for Zone Conference!! It was raining but the drive was still beautiful :) The Theme of Zone Conference was Becoming A Convert Ready Missionary and how we need to be ready to teach these people who will be converts!! IT WAS SO GREAT!!! I just love President and Sister Burt :) He said something that just really touched my heart...he said "Don't think for one second that I don't kneel and pray and plead your cause before the Lord every morning" HE'S THE BEST MISSION PRESIDENT EVER!!! He truly cares for each one of his missionary children :) During the Conference we played Preach My Gospel Jeopardy....I HAVEN'T PLAYED A GAME IN A LONG TIME SO MY COMPETITIVE SIDE CAME OUT!!!!! I was so excited and just wanted to win!!! hahahaha I see why the white handbook says don't let games or sports become competitive...I scared the
assistants I think hahahah Elder Asi and Elder Tobias told everyone...watch out for that Sister Peterson...hahahahahahahhah we ended up winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!! But...of course it's not about that...everyone is a winner when their on the Lord's side....(we may or may not have beat the other teams by 2,000 points)..... Anyway at the end of the conference I had a CRAZY HEADACHE!!! I couldn't even see or lift my head up...probably because I played Jeopardy so hard...So at the end I got to meet with President Burt and have a little interview and he gave me a blessing. Wow...I've never gotten a blessing from President Burt before and it was SO GREAT!!!! I really felt Heavenly Father's love :) I'm so grateful that I get to serve with the Burts!!!! They are seriously the most amazing people ever!!! We didn't get back to Kelowna till 7:30pm so it was a LONG DAY!!!! Wednesday we met with Sandra again with Bro. M!!! IT WAS SO GOOD!! We read the Book of Mormon with her and she said everything she read supports what she believes and she thinks its true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BREAKTHROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We committed her to pray about it and get that witness from Heavenly Father and we're excited because we know she will get an answer and she will be so excited!!!!! We are still meeting with
Patricia...pray that she will have the strength to stop smoking that way she can be baptized!!!! 
We had dinner with the Johns a senior couple in this mission from Kaysville, Utah :) they are great!!! Thursday we planned...did some service..taught some member lessons...Friday We tried as hard as we could to find new investigators by dropping by TONS OF POTENTIALS!!!! We were able to stop by a potentials house Louise.. and she had just pulled up as we walked around the corner and she said I just got back from visiting family in chilliwack...if we would have gone any sooner she wouldn't have been home...HEAVENLY FATHER IS SO GOOD!!!! We set up a return appointment for sunday!! Later that night we were wondering what to do so we prayed...I had the CRAZIEST PROMPTING!!! "Dried Banana Chips at Bulk Barn" IN MY MIND I WAS LIKE WHAT IN THE WORLD...GOD JUST TOLD ME TO GO TO BULK BARN AND STAND BY THE DRIED BANANA CHIPS...MY COMPANION IS GOING TO THINK I'M BANANANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO I told her...she was thinking stores too!!! Now..I made a vow to President Burt that I would not go store contacting for the rest of my mission unless I
felt prompted....so I was struggling with this but decided to do it!! 
So we drive to bulk barn...we walk in...and there is a lady we know Tracy standing in line!! A few weeks ago we got to talking to her...her daughter married a member and we were able to share the book of mormon with her and say a prayer!! I WAS LIKE "SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S TRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!" Sister Esplin had just been thinking about her this week....So I go up and say hello and ask her how she's been!!! She didn't seem too interested but it was AWESOME TO KNOW THAT MY BANANA CHIP PROMPTING WASN'T DUMB IT WAS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we found out where the banana chips were and we took a picture in front of them and we vowed to never delay a silly prompting again...ALSO I FELL IN LOVE WITH BULK BARN....ANYTHING YOU CAN IMAGINE...AND TONS OF IT!!!!!!! We're going back today to buy some stuff :) So that was a really cool experience :) Saturday was walking day as always and we had a great day walking around!!! Then at night was the RELIEF SOCIETY BROADCAST!!!!!!!!! it was so amazing!!!!!!!!!! I loved all the talks and especially Uchtdorfs!!! 4th floor last door...i really needed to hear that!! Also it made our ward think more
about missionary work and in testimony meeting on sunday they all expressed their gratitude for those missionaries that knocked on their door..it definitely helped me realize what a privilege it is to be a missionary :) that's what I had been fasting for yesterday..that I would recongnize what a priveledge it is to be a missionary and what a sacred calling this is...that's pretty cool too :) 
We were able to meet with Louise on Sunday...she is amazing!!! she used to figure skate for Disney on Ice!!!! SWEET!!!!!! She basically took over our role and asked us "what are YOU expecting from me" and told us what she wanted from us...that's our job!!!!!!!! hahhaha  She committed herself to read the Restoration pamphlet and said she would immerse herself in it all and see if it changes her life....WE WERE DUMBFOUNDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY COW HEAVENLY FATHER JUST GAVE US A GOLDEN INVESTIGATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is amazing :) This week really helped me to see that Heavenly Father is never too far away. He is always there prompting me...even when it comes by way of banana chips. I know that I have the spirit guiding me each day. I'm grateful for Heavenly Father's impeccable timing :) he is so gracious to
us missionaries and I know he love me. I'm grateful for modern-day prophets and apostles and the leaders of this church that speak to us the words of the Lord and truly inspire us. I received so much revelation from the Women's Broadcast and I can't wait for General Conference next weekend!!! 
We also get transfer calls this weekend so I expect EVERYONE to be praying that I stay in KELOWNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
I'm pretty sure I'll stay :)
Love you all,
Bye for now!
Love Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment